Thursday, February 26, 2015

Fouette Zoetrope Animation


I created a zoetrope of a ballerina performing a fouette. A fouette (French for "Whipped") is a ballet term for a twirl where the dancer has keep one leg in a passe pose while they spin and must use that leg to whip their body around to maintain the speed of the spin without that leg touching the ground. In the Swan Lake ballet, the ballerina playing Odette must perform 32 fouettes in a row!

I cut out 16 2" squares and drew the dancer using a mechanical pencil, after inking it with a blue 005 micron pen I used blue, silver, and aqua glitter gel pens. I taped them onto a poster board that I created the wheel, and placed it onto a lazy susan. I had to thin the small pictures and make the viewing windows wider because the windows were too narrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment